Distressed Leather Jackets
The Distressed Leather Jackets are made of full-grain distressed leather material. This premium, hand-crafted jacket is available in multiple colors and in both toggle and button styles.
Distressed Leather Jackets is a company with a simple mission to bring high-quality distressed leather jackets to people that truly love wearing them and want them in their lives.
Distressed Leather Jackets
If you're in the market for a new leather jacket, you may be wondering what all the fuss is about distressed leather jackets. In this article, we'll give you a brief introduction to distressed leather jackets, their history, and how they're made.
Distressed leather jackets are simply jackets that have been purposely distressed to give them a worn-in look. This can be done in a number of ways, but the most common method is to rub the leather with sandpaper or other abrasive materials.
The history of distressed leather jackets dates back to the early 20th century when pilots and other aviation professionals began wearing them as part of their uniforms. The rugged look of the jackets matched the tough nature of their jobs and quickly caught on with the public.
These days, distressed leather jackets are more popular than ever and can be found in a variety of styles. Whether you're looking for a classic bomber jacket or something more modern, there's sure to be a distressed leather jacket that's perfect for you.
The Different Types of Distressed Leather Jackets
As the name suggests, distressed leather jackets are made from leather that has been deliberately damaged or aged to create a rugged, vintage look. These jackets are usually adorned with scuffs, scratches, and other marks that give them character and an edgy appeal.
There are several different types of distressed leather jackets available on the market, each with its own unique style. Below, we've outlined some of the most popular types of distressed leather jackets to help you choose the right one for your wardrobe.
- The Motorcycle Jacket: This type of jacket is designed to be tough and durable, making it perfect for motorcycle riders. Motorcycle jackets are usually made from cowhide or buffalo hide and feature multiple pockets for storing essential items like maps and sunglasses.
- The Cowhide Leather Jacket: A Cowhide Jacket is a shorter type of jacket that's typically waist-length or hip-length. This style was originally worn by pilots during World War II and features a thick lining to keep the wearer warm at high altitudes. Bomber jackets are now popular among fashionistas who appreciate their retro appeal.
- The Denim Jacket: Denim Jackets are another popular type of distressed leather jacket. They're often made from recycled denim fabrics and feature all the same details as traditional denim jeans, such as front pockets and button closures. Denim jackets have a casual look that makes them ideal for everyday wear.
How to Choose the Right Distressed Leather Jacket for You
When it comes to choosing the right distressed leather jacket for you, there are a few things you need to take into account. First and foremost, you need to make sure that the jacket fits you well. It should be neither too tight nor too loose, and it should ideally sit at about hip length.
Secondly, you need to decide what style of jacket you want. Distressed leather jackets come in a variety of styles, from biker jackets to bomber jackets. Choose the style that best suits your personal taste and style. Finally, consider the price. Distressed leather jackets can range in price from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars. Choose the one that fits your budget and your needs.
Where to Buy Distressed Leather Jackets
There are many places to buy distressed leather jackets. One option is to buy them online from sites like Amazon or eBay. Another option is to go to a store that specializes in selling vintage or used clothing, like Goodwill or the Salvation Army. Finally, you could always try looking for a jacket at a thrift store, garage sale, or even a flea market.
How to Care for Your Distressed Leather Jacket
If you’re lucky enough to own a distressed leather jacket, you know that it’s a special piece of clothing. Unlike other leather jackets, a distressed jacket has been purposely damaged to give it a unique look. While this type of jacket is definitely stylish, it does require some special care to keep it looking its best. Here are some tips on how to care for your distressed leather jacket:
- Avoid getting the Jacket Wet. Water can cause the leather to warp and may also cause the color to fade. If you must wear your jacket in the rain, be sure to treat it with a waterproofing spray before heading out.
- Don’t over-clean the Jacket. When cleaning a distressed leather jacket, avoid using harsh chemicals or scrubbing too vigorously. Gently wipe down the surface of the jacket with a damp cloth and mild soap if necessary. Once you’ve wiped away any dirt or debris, allow the jacket to air dry naturally.
- Be careful when storing the Jacket. When not in use, store your distressed leather jacket in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Sunlight can cause the leather to crack and fade over time. If you plan on storing your jacket for an extended period of time (more than six months), consider wrapping it in acid-free paper or muslin cloth first.
Distressed Leather Jackets are a great way to add an edgy, stylish look to your wardrobe. Not only do they offer protection from the elements, but they also allow you to express yourself in an entirely new way. With all of the different styles and colors available, everyone can find a distressed leather jacket that suits their individual taste and fashion sense. All it takes is some research and creativity, and you will be ready for any occasion with your new favorite piece of clothing!